Monday, April 20, 2009

Visiting Baltimore - Part 2

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!


Glen was painting the schooner's largest mast as we pulled up.
This mast measures in at 75 feet!We had to snap a few pictures while he was finishing up!
My sister, Jericho, with Cricket
Daddy and Pattycake
My sisters, Coey and Jen.
Aww! So sweet!
Pattycake certainly loves her Daddy!
Buttercup was a little nervous about the water at first.
(So were Mommy and Daddy! So many young kids so close to the water was a bit nerve wracking!)
She became a bit braver... sitting down close to it.
(Making pretty faces. I think she just wanted to get her picture taken!) :)
Mommy and Buttercup!
A couple of ducks went swimming by which brought all of the kids a-runnin'!
Glen was finished with his painting, so we all piled up in our cars and followed him to where his boat is currently docked. (And where it will be docked all summer.)
Of course, there was a CVS along the route! :)
(One of my FAVORITE places to shop!)
Beautiful artwork covered some of the buildings we passed by.
Baltimore is a really beautiful city!
Aboard the Schooner Mistress!
Tim was in his glory.
He LOVED the boat and snapped many pictures to share with his Grandpa!
We needed all of the hands we could get to help with our kids!
Poppy was happy to help!
Cricket just seems to fit in no matter where she is.
Always so comfortable and confident!
Dad, very appropriately, modeled his "Schooner Mistress" t-shirt!
Ahoy Maties!
Paparazzi shot!
(Ignore the camera, maybe it'll go away!)
Tim and Bubbers, down below.
Bubbie did so well.
He seemed to love the sun and the gentle rocking.

I didn't know it when I took these pictures, but Michael Phelps was sitting on one balcony over, just behind the boat!

My little princesses loved the boat too!
Smiles were everywhere for most of the day! :)



Most went on little boat rides since we were unable to go out on the schooner.
(Mast being painted.)
The girls definitely missed Daddy while he was away on his boat ride!
It was during this time when Glen told Tim and Jen that Michael Phelps was out on his porch about twenty-five feet away.
I didn't believe him until I saw his famous dog, Herman.
Then I might have gone a little crazy.
Just a little. :)
Let's just say that the camera came out and I tried to get a couple of shots by holding it down by my side... not too obvious. :)
It was during this time that we decided it was probably a good time to leave.
The kids were on the verge of a breakdown!
We caught it just in time.
Success!
Snapped a few pictures of the Schooner Mistress before we headed back to our car.
(This mast was 50 feet tall. The one Glen was painting was 75 feet... I wouldn't have been able to get it all on from where I was standing!)
What a beauty!


It didn't take long for Pattycake to fall asleep once we reached the car!
I love a sleeping baby!
Quite the contrast to Baltimore!
Back to the simple life!

**For the safety of my family, please don't use my children's real names in any comment you may leave. Their nicknames are listed with their pictures on the left hand side of my blog. Thanks!**

4 comments:

  1. Ok, a few things (1) I LOVE posts with a lot of pictures. :) (2) Are you maybe just a little excited that you saw Michael Phelps?! (3) Boats make me nervous. It looks like you all had fun though. You got some great pictures of the kiddos. (which, for your editing purposes, you used Crickets real name in there) The last time I was on a boat was when I was 14. My baby brother was a few months old (He's 16 now, I still call him my baby brother) and we spent the whole boat ride below deck wishing we were on dry land. I like the idea of being on a boat and going nowhere. :)

    Roger and I were just talking about how weird it is to be on some of the back roads around here and not see any buggies. Thanks for that picture. Though I don't miss sharing the road with them I do miss seeing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Valerie! I corrected the problem. Thanks for letting me know! (I'm sure that's gonna happen many times!)

    Um, yes. Very much excited about Michael Phelps. I swam for 10 years, so that was one of the coolest things ever. Seemed very natural though... like why wouldn't he be there?? :)

    We didn't actually go out on the boat. We hope to sometime this summer though. This boat is super nice and very secure. Some boats I've been on were so rocky and scary. I didn't feel that way with this boat at all.

    Okay, I'll take lots of buggy pictures and post them sometime. Just for you. I really do love the simplicity that they bring to this area, no matter how crazy they make me sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful boat!! I think I am jealous...a day of sunshine, boats, water, and celebrity sighting sounds very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh! just lovely! what a FUN MEMORY we made! and the weather was the topping on the cake! your girlies did AMAZING! one of my friends made a comment about how your kids do NOT slow you down much. ;-) anyway....i'm SO GLAD you made the effort to partake of this trip. love the pic of patty cake conked out in the car on the way home. :-)
    THANKS for this post! i LOVED looking at it. especially while i am in the process of downloading pics on my xanga in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete